Can where I live impact my auto insurance rates?Insurance companies determine auto insurance rates based on your location. So, if your area has high rates of theft or insurance claims, unfortunately you can expect to pay more for auto insurance to offset these costs. Also, highly populated areas have higher auto insurance rates, as you are more likely to be involved in an accident due to the increased congestion and vehicles in a given area.Back to TopWhat is Umbrella Insurance and do I need it?
Umbrella insurance provides extra liability coverage that can help protect assets, such as your home, car and boat. It also helps cover defense costs, attorney fees and other charges associated with lawsuits.
Here is a short video that will show you more: http://tkpl.us/adlviBack to TopHow does my driving record impact my auto rates?A person’s driving record plays a huge role in determining an auto insurance premium. If you have any speeding tickets or have filed an auto insurance claim you can expect to pay a higher rate than someone who has a “clean” record.Back to TopWhat is Liability Insurance?Liability insurance protects other people from injury or damage you might cause. An example of liability insurance on an automobile policy is 100/300.
A policy with this amount of insurance provides up to $100,000 in bodily injury protection per person injured in the accident with a total of $300,000 in total bodily injury protection for all injured persons.Back to TopWhat should I do if I'm involved in an auto accident?1. Help anyone who may be injured.
2. Notify the nearest law enforcement agency.
3. Obtain the full names and address of all involved parties along with the insurance information.
4. Take pictures of the damage to all involved vehicles, as well as the scene of the accident.
5. Report the accident to the insurance company as soon as possible.Back to TopWhat are the types of insurance agents?
There are two basic types:
1) Captive - represent one specific company and can only offer you policies from that company.
2) Independent - can represent many different insurance companies that offer many different types of polices and are able to help you find the correct policy for your personal situations at the right price.
Gilles Smith Purdum Insurance is an independent agency that write for 10+ companies that allows us to find the right coverage at the right price for our clients.Back to TopWhy do I need Renters insurance if my furniture and belongings are not worth much?
Renters insurance also gives you a safety net for liability costs in case someone gets hurt or you have at fault damage to your landlord, fellow tenants, guests or their property.Back to Top